The NSIP In Vitro division has a job opening for an Associate Breeder to be located in Tapachula, Chiapas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the development and execution of breeding programs for selected high value specialty and tropical crops, taking advantage of the support teams and technologies coming from both the Nature Source Genetics and Nature Source In Vitro divisions.
- Coordinate collaboration with ongoing breeding programs of partners.
- Participate in the design and management of experimental trials in various locations.
- Coordinate the self-pollinations and crossing plans for the ongoing projects.
- Coordinate the inventory, including in vitro and seeds availability, required for the breeding programs.
- Implementation of new tools (software and hardware) for improving the efficiency and quality of the evaluations.
- Elaborate reports for the clients.
This position will be Located in Mexico (Tapachula-Chiapas) but will travel nationally and internationally, according to projects, crops and partners.
- Bachelor, M.S. or Ph.D. in plant breeding or related field
- Good understanding of the global agro-industrial value chains
- Proven track record of being a self-starter
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Desirable knowledge in statistics and genomics,
- Fluency in Spanish, English fluency helpful but not required
- 3 years of experience in breeding (practical or theorical).
- Driver license.
To apply, send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org